ORIM Network Day
To be held on Friday, 26 May 2017, 11am – 3.45 pm (lunch will be provided)
Venue: ICOSS building, 219 Portobello, University of Sheffield, S1 4DP (click here for directions)
- What is the relevance of the ORIM model in 2017?
- How are we using it make an ‘impact’ on young children’s learning? How do we know that we are making a difference?
The day will comprise:
- Introductory session from Professor Cathy Nutbrown on ORIM and how the framework can be adapted to pedagogical concerns in 2017.
- Open discussion and introduction to colleagues – what are we doing? How are we using the framework?
- Lunch and networking.
- Session input – four ‘5 minute snapshots’ from practitioners across the country about practical uses of ORIM.
- Open discussion – how can we evaluate impact at national, LA and setting level?
- Where next for ORIM? – networking and sharing.
There will be an opportunity for all participants to share ideas about how they use the ORIM framework and the impact on early literacy and numeracy practices with children and parents.
We look forward to hearing from you!