ORIM Network Meeting on 3 May 2016, University of Sheffield – Further Details
We are now taking bookings for the next ORIM Network event, to take place on Tuesday, 3 May 2016, at the University of Sheffield, 1pm-4pm (Booking form). The aims of the event are
- To enable Early Years teachers and practitioners to share ORIM and REAL approaches to Early Learning and update on what is happening nationally, and
- To enable Professor Cathy Nutbrown to meet colleagues and to comment on recent developments in the ORIM research work.
1.00pm to 1.30pm: Meet at the Interdisciplinary Centre of the Social Sciences (ICOSS) building (location map) for a light lunch.
1.30pm to 2.00pm: Professor Cathy Nutbrown will talk about how the ORIM framework is
being adapted and what the latest research tells us about its impact.
2.00pm to 3.00pm: Three short presentations about how the ORIM framework is being
interpreted to impact on children’s learning:
- REAM (Raising Early Achievement in Mathematics) in Blackpool by Alison Marron and Donna Thorpe
- Home Visiting Training and Development in Peterborough by Kim Neilson and Annie Hornsby
- ORIM and Music – DFE project with The Blue Coat School and Oldham Music Service by Kay Davies.
3.00pm to 3.30pm: Knowledge Sharing as a group – please bring along examples of what
you are doing.
3.30pm to 4.00pm: Networking and joining in the research project.
Unfortunately travel expenses cannot be reimbursed but attendance can be acknowledged with a letter from Professor Nutbrown for CPD recognition.
If you would like to attend please complete the Booking form and return to Karen Kitchen (K.Kitchen@sheffield.ac.uk) as soon as possible. Everyone is welcome.
ORIM Newsletter Issue 3 (Jan 2016) now available
Please let us know of any REAL events that are running in your area!